Monday, November 03, 2008
Final Lithia Loop Trail Marathon Instructions
Dear Lithia Loop Entrants,
Hope your training has gone well and you're getting some much needed rest before Saturday's big test. Just checked AccuWeather and right now it looks like we'll have ideal conditions next Saturday with a high of 60, a low of 40 and partial sunshine. The experienced runner will tell you to come prepared for anything, however we will have an outstanding crew directing the marathon making sure everything goes smoothly so that all you have to worry about is getting across that finish line.
We have created a list of last minute reminders, however we want to make sure that everyone is aware of the shuttle service to the start. If, however, you do not wish to utilize the service you may be dropped off at the start at the south end of Lithia Park where Granite St. turns to gravel and intersects with Glenview Drive. We will also be happy to direct you there at registration.
1) Registration and packet pick-up starts at 6:45am at Rogue Valley Runners (161 East Main Street, Ashland, OR 97520) on race day morning (Saturday November 8th, 2008) and closes at 7:45am. Registration will also be held Friday November 7th from 10am to 7pm.
2) The Shuttle Service to the start will be available at the store at 7am-7:45am to drive entrants to the start line two uphill miles away at the top of Lithia Park. We encourage all entrants to use the shuttle service provided by Lithia Motors.
3) Please abide all parking sign regulations in Ashland. They do ticket if you extend your stay in a two or four hour spot.
4) Drop bags will be collected at the start line for warm-ups. Please no valuables in the bags and make sure they are clearly marked with your name. Drop bags will be waiting for you at Pioneer Hall, near the finish line of the race.
5) Cut Off Times will be enforced for your safety as well as the safety of our volunteers. There are two Cut-Off points in the race. At Four Corners (approximately mile 20) runners must be through by 2:30pm. At White Rabbit (approximately mile 23) runners must be through by 3:30pm. All runners who do not make the cut-offs will be brought back to the finish.
6) You MUST let race officials know if you plan to drop from the race. We need to account for all runners at the day's end. Missing runners will initiate the Emergency Response System.
7) Do not litter and do not short-cut the trails. You will be pulled from the race if you do.
8) Post race festivities, the award ceremony, catered food and beverage will be held at Pioneer Hall (73 Winburn Way) after you have finished the race. Upon crossing the finish line you will be directed there to collect your drop bags, eat, drink, socialize and warm-up.
9) Aid Stations will provide limited first aid supplies, water, a electrolyte drink (Gu2O), fruit (oranges or bananas), soft drinks (Coke, Mtn. Dew), potato chips, assorted sugar candies (like M&M's), some will have soup, some sandwiches (like PB&J or Turkey and Cheese), some, not all, will have Gu and Clif Shot. If you need something special, you should pack it yourself. We highly recommend that you carry at least one, if not two, water bottles.
10) Clearly display your bib number on your front side, so we can properly track you as you pass through aid stations.
11) We will be trying to track runners as they progress along the course at the finish line (located at the Band Shell in Lithia Park).
12) Aid Station volunteers are just that. They are here on their own time to help you. Treat them with respect and thank them as you roll through.
There will be age group awards for males and females 29 and under, 30-39, 40-49,50-59,60-69.
We look forward to seeing all your smiling faces Saturday morning.
Hal Koerner, RD
Ian Torrence, RD
At present there are about eight remaining spots left for the marathon. They are going quickly.