Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Thank You from Skaggs

Thanks

Hey there folks, Erik here. I thought a little update straight from the source would be good. After several weeks of waddling around in a water retaining 185lb body the dam released and within several days I was back to my normal weight of around 150lbs. Not only did it feel amazing to loose 35+lbs in several days it also suggested that my kidneys were starting to function again. Yipeeee for pee! Blood tests also showed a significant reduction of the creatinine which is also an excellent indicator of kidney rejuvenation.

…also, and of greater importance, is the need to issue a big THANK YOU to all the kind and generous people who have given so much of themselves to make me feel better. There is no way to express how much it meant to see friendly faces at the hospital, hear familiar voices on the telephone, or read heartfelt comments in letters and e-mails. There are so many damn good people in this world, and somehow, a lot of them are my friends. If only it were possible to give each and every one of you a big ol’ hug I would…it would take a while because there are so many of you fine people out there but I’ll do it. Really, it’s the least I can do.

You all are amazing people,

erik

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

From my calculations, that's about 4.2 gallons of pee. Wow! If ultra-peeing was a competition was an event you'd be champ.

In any case, we're glad that your up and about - can't wait to read about your next exploits out on the trails.

Good luck from here on out!

Mike Scammon said...

Erik-

Good to hear you are well. So, let's see...Quad Dipsea in November? I have Advil if needed. ;)
Seriously, I'm happy to know things didn't turn for the worse.

cheers

Mike S.

Dane said...

Erik,

You have friends you don't even know and who will probably never meet you (e.g., my mom).

Be safe and heal fast.

Dane

Wyatt Hornsby said...

Erik: That's great news! Congrats and I hope you continue to feel better. You'll be running and winning races again before you know it. - Wyatt

Vagabond said...

Glad to hear that you are doing better Erik!

Rennaker said...

E. I sold that 1063 brefore your 992...

John P said...

That's some pretty impressive peeing Eric! Reminds me of the first Austin Powers movie when he comes out of frozen animation. So happy to hear you're back.

John P

Bret said...

Good news that you are getting better!

What might help the rest of us in the Ultra running Community would be if you could post how much you drank, ate and how many IB's you took during Waldo and maybe before? Many of us (me included) take IB every Ultra.

Thanks Erik

aka Moogy said...

Glad to read Erik. Continue to improve and stay f'ing positive!

Scott Dunlap said...

You probably haven't been that excited to pee since you were 3 yrs old! So glad to hear you are on the mend.

I'm waiting for the photos... ;-)

SD