Saturday, March 19, 2011

Traveling

Seems everyone's traveling this month. As I train/test here in Argentina, the rest of the crew wanders north to Bellingham for this weekends Chuckanut 50k.  I've run the race 5 times and would have loved to make it six but RVR will be well represented as Erik, Jenn and Tim find their place in one of the largest ultras around. Check out the live feed, here

Building on this general theme I attempted to chronicle the vagabond nature of adventurers by what they leave behind.   In this case, I highlight for you the abandoned fifth wheels of South America.  These "homes" have seemingly washed ashore in El Chalten and can be spotted as easily as a Madonna cover on the local radio station. I imagine these structures once helped home owners brave the harsh winter as they completed the unique dwellings that dot this valley. 


In the first place.

As seen from the B&B.

Custom cave dweller art.

Keep Chalten Blue.


No Brand.


Special "nation" edition.

Blank Canvas, nice PT Cruiser.

1 comment:

jenn said...

west virginia went down! Rejoice!!!! I love my life.