Sunday, November 29, 2009

Southern Oregon Fat Ass (SOFA) Announcement


This update from the SOFA "race director" Tim Turk:

The plan:


To run the Wild and Scenic Rogue River Trail. We'll leave Graves Creek about 9AM on Saturday, January 23rd and run out-n- back for a total of about 50k. Remember, out-n-back means you can cut it short or make it long. I hope to see you there! Let's try beat our record of 27 runners. Our etiquette in the past has been to run in social groups on the way out, regroup at the turn-around, and run what ever you feel like on the way back.

This is a self-supported run that crosses countless streams that we drank from for years without incident. I'll run with my filter this year, since Rob Cain had to ruin my delusion and get giardia. Do I need to mention rain, after all this is Oregon, right? Oh yeah, poison oak too.

The SOFA started out as a way to celebrate birthdays of some Oregon ultrarunners . Tim Turk (me), Craig Thornley, Jeff Riley, Marcus Mayfield, Clayton Gillette and Hal Koerner all celebrate birthdays around the same time. You too? Let me add you to the list.

Directions:

From the north, take the Wolf Creek exit #76 to the Graves Creek Trailhead. I think it's about 9 more miles.

From the South, take the Merlin exit #61 and do the same. You'll go about 20 more miles to the trailhead.

Give me a call or email if you have questions,

Tim Turk
541-264-0262
ultrarunning@gmail.com

1 comment:

Rennaker said...

I'm in! Not Honey Stingers this year.


renn